Baby shower date
There's more to finding a perfect baby shower date than throwing a dart on the calendar. Here's what to consider.
Finding the perfect baby shower date is crucial to a shower's success. It's the difference between a guest list of no-shows and a party full of frolicking guests. Here's what to consider when choosing a dated:
- Before or after the baby's arrival - Traditionally, showers are held before the baby arrives. But this isn't always the case. If there's risk with mom's birth, if mom prefers a date after the shower or there's other extraneous factors - throw your party after the baby arrives!
- Consider mom's due date - Since mom's due date is an approximate one, don't schedule a shower within one month of this date!
- Avoid holidays - Since many guests may be on vacation on and around holidays, avoid these dates!
- Consider VIP guests - Cross off any list which do not work for your honoree, hostess or any VIP guest travelling from out of town.
- Group consensus - It's perfectly acceptable to contact guests to find a date and time which work for all.
Year-round baby shower themes
Some baby shower themes work regardless of the season. Here's a few examples:
Some themes are seasonal
Some themes should be considered seasonal, like these: